1. To reduce your stress levels. Massage therapy calms the body and relaxes the mind, helping to reduce stress by lowering cortisol levels. Considering the detrimental effect that stress can have on your body, this may lead to a major difference in your overall well-being.
2. It feels wonderful and is time just for you! Massage boosts endorphins and is a time to relax, rejuvenate and recover.
3. To decrease muscle tension and improve flexibility. Massage stimulates blood circulation increasing oxygen and nutrient flow to muscles, helping to remove adhesions in the muscles and lubricating joints for increased flexibility. Particularly good for those tense shoulders and aching back.
4. To improve attitude and increase alertness. You cannot help but feel good after a massage, leading to a more positive disposition.
5. To stimulate and detox the body. The body's lymphatic system is the body's natural defense against toxins and impurities. Massage stimulates the flow of waste products from the muscles, organs and tissues for improved health and digestion.
6. To improve posture. Massage therapy may help improve posture by helping to train muscles to be in the right position, allowing for better support.
7. To enhance and maintain good health. Massage helps to reduce heart rate, lowers blood pressure and strengthens immunity by boosting lymphocytes.
8. To relieve pain. Massage helps block the nervous systems pain receptors and increases blood flow to the muscles. It may increase mobility to the joints which may help reduce arthritic pain, ease the pain of migraines and fibromyalgia.
9. May help prevent injury and illness. Tense muscles tighten and pull the body out of alignment. Regular massage can increase circulation and relax the body to prevent chronic conditions from taking hold.
10. Well, why not? No one ever needed an excuse to have a massage!